HxRefactored Design and Technology Conference Agenda is Announced
Originally posted on citybizlist.com
Mad*Pow and Health 2.0 today announced the agenda for HxRefactored, a healthcare experience, design and technology conference. Scheduled for April 1-2, 2015, in Boston, MA, HxRefactored draws thought leaders and entrepreneurs from the design, technology and health industries. This year’s speakers and panelists – an impressive group of clinicians, technologists and entrepreneurs – will delve into an array of timely issues and innovative ideas. The event will also feature the announcement of winners of the first-ever “Design for Health” awards.
"There is no other event like HxRefactored, and this year’s agenda is packed with exciting topics and brilliant speakers,” said Amy Cueva, Mad*Pow Founder and Chief Experience Officer. “Presentations at HxRefactored will be both inspirational and practical. Attendees are going to leave the event inspired and energized, ready to roll up their sleeves and get to work.”
Some of the conference highlights include:
- Man, Mind, Machine: Behavior Change in the Digital Age: This track will take a deeper look at behavior change to explore how science, theory and evidence can better inform the way healthcare products and services are created, designed and implemented. Panelists include: Dustin DiTommaso, Senior Vice President, Behavior Change, Mad*Pow; Kyra Bobinet, CEO, engagedIN; Sebastian Deterding, designer, author, educator, Gamification Research Network ; Dan Pardi, Founder and CEO, Dan’s Plan; and Steve Wendel, behavioral social scientist, HelloWallet.
- Care Delivery Innovation: Reinventing Access and Expectations: Today, more and more clinicians are thinking like entrepreneurs, and more and more hospitals are acting like tech companies. They’re re-inventing not only the technology clinicians use every day but also the services that go with it in order to transform the way care is delivered to patients. This session will cover everything from telemedicine and microvisits, to crowd-sourced innovation and shifting consumer expectation for on-demand everything, healthcare included. Speakers and panelists in this track include: Dr. Joseph Kvedar, Vice President, Connected Health, Partners Healthcare; Dr. Salim Afshar, Oral and Maxilliofacial Surgeon, Children’s Hospital Boston; David Chao, Director, Industry Solutions, Mulesoft; Stanley Crane, Chief Innovation Officer, Allscripts; Andrea Ippolito, Presidential Innovation Fellow, Department of Veteran’s Affairs; Katherine Rose, Internal Medicine, Brigham & Women’s Hospital; and Christi Zuber, Director, Innovation Consulting, Kaiser Permanente.
The conference will also feature excellent keynote speakers, including:
- John Brownstein, Associate Professor, Harvard Medical School
- Dustin DiTommaso, Senior Vice President, Behavior Change, Mad*Pow
- Deborah Estrin, Professor of Computer Science, Cornell Tech
- Steve Krug, usability consultant and author, Advanced Common Sense
- Darshan Mehta, Medical Director of the Benson-Henry Institute for Mind Body Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital
- Geoffrey Williams, Professor of Medicine, University of Rochester Center for Community Health
- John Halamka, Chief Information Officer, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Jared Spool, Author and Founder of User Interface Engineering
- Julian Treasure, CEO, Master of Sound
In addition to the many design-focused topics, the conference will also include panels and presentations that will be of interest to the developer and technology community. For full conference highlights visit: http://www.hxrefactored.com/agenda/.
Design for Health Awards
HxRefactored will also feature the first-ever “Design for Health” awards. These awards will recognize innovation in design for health industries. Winners will be selected based on the originality of the idea, the team’s application of a human-centered approach and the project’s market success. The judging panel will also take into consideration: highest impact, effective use of data visualization and best process. Categories include: Public Health, Adherence, Health and Wellness, Population Health, Clinical Workflow, Patient Experience, Behavior Change, Hospital Innovation and Insurance Selection.
HxRefactored is a revolutionary conference that focuses on improving health experiences through technology and design. Gathering more than 500 cross-disciplinary thinkers and practitioners and through an inspired mix of thought-provoking talks, workshops and discussions, HxRefactored applies design, science, evidence and theory to reimagine the entire health journey and find new ways to actually deliver it. Now in its fifth year, HxR 2015 will take place in Boston, MA on April 1 & 2, 2015. To learn more or to order passes to the conference, please visit: http://www.hxrefactored.com/.
Mad*Pow is a design agency that improves the experiences people have with technology, organizations and each other. Using human-centered design, Mad*Pow creates strong multi-channel experience strategies, intuitive digital experiences and streamlined processes for its clients. Founded in 2000, Mad*Pow has partnered with industry leaders including Cigna, ESPN, Pearson, adidas, John Hancock, Microsoft and Google. Mad*Pow has received honors for design excellence by the Webby Awards and the W3C. The company has offices in Boston, Oakland, Portsmouth, NH, and Louisville.
About Health 2.0
Since 2007, Health 2.0 has been the premiere showcase and catalyst for the advancement of new health technologies. Through a global series of conferences, developer competitions and leading market intelligence, Health 2.0 drives the innovation and collaboration necessary to transform health and healthcare. For more information, visit www.health2con.com.
- See more at: http://citybizlist.com/article/252237/hxrefactored-design-and-technology-conference-agenda-is-announced#sthash.Arkb3J8P.dpuf